Monday, March 20, 2006

The Pill



Family did the usual trip up to Saitama to see Grandma and Mon chan today. We went to a Chinese restaurant and Lisa was given a package of assorted lollies and small crappy plastic toys, most of which are about the right size to get easily lodged in ones windpipe.
One of the packs of lollies was the pictured birth control pills. It's ironic that a country that doesn't provide subsidised or even readily available birth control should make candy thats looks like such. Lisa insists that they must be taken one a day on the assigned days written on the package and notes that some of the pills are only sugar. Where she gets this information is unknown to me. I hope that her practical knowledge of these items is limited to scoffing lollies.
You can't blame Japan for making birth control expensive. With the low birthrate here the government needs to something more than saying 'Do it for your country!' as they do now, then scratch their collective heads and wonder why it isn't working. In the words of Conan the barbarian 'uaaaaau' if you can read that phonetically.
I have a bit of a head cold as my personal agar petri dish aka Lisa, has been hard at work culturing more nasties to transfer to me via her patented transmission method ie. finger up nose and then in Dad's eye. Works everytime. So I am enjoying a potent cocktail of several genki drinks and some ibeprophin. Quite funky. I can't hear properly because colds effect my good ear, and I can't smell anything and subsequently didn't detect the homeless guy on the train today that cleared half the carriage. I was at first puzzled by Inson's watering eyes and strange look but I could have quite happily sat next to the guy. I didn't even carefully seal my lips to avoid shit particles entering my mouth. hmmm, maybe having a sense of smell is better afterall. Anyway I'm going to quit now before this entry begins to move towards the subject of excretia and Randy starts complaining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home