Monday, January 30, 2006

A land of contrast



I know, it's a cliche but sometimes it's really true. This picture is a not uncommon sight around Tokyo. Very small ladies who are old enough to remember Koobla Khan (spelling!) and toting huge cases on their backs. I'm not sure what's in them, possibly their husbands, but I saw this one go down a flight of stairs into a subway. I couldn't do that and I'm a (reasonably) young big guy who does weight training. In contrast, you'r average Tokyo young 'office lady' can barely keep her Channel bag on her arm, and would scream if confronted with any form of insect. What has hapened in the interveneing years between the first and second woman? Maybe when the Americans occupied Japan they confiscated all steroids from the locals. Anyway...I want whatever this hypergranny eats, although I know what it is; rice and miso. Not a hint of protein. How!! When I swig protien shakes like they're going out of business and can't gain a pound! Oh well.

6 Comments:

At 7:57 pm, Blogger Shirk said...

It looks like she is carrying a hammond b3 organ on her back.All that on a diet of seaweed and rice.

 
At 9:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont be fooled. The getting up at 4 to pick vegetables, the 3 hour commute to Tokyo to sell said vegetables from a street corner and the commute back, which would cost 95% of the profits.Its all a ruse. These grannies are all in training for the Torino winter olympics. Of course speed skating.

 
At 10:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way...spread the word. ROBOT CHICKEN it rocks.
Feather name(translate in french if you dont understand),
Gloater the rank

 
At 10:51 pm, Blogger Dave Gee said...

Son, I didn't understand a word you just said.

"Do the chickens have long talons?"

 
At 10:44 am, Blogger Kebber said...

Ignore the French boy Dave - he talks shit. By the way, I totally agree with you on the insect thing. Why is it that a country overrun by insects in summer produces people that are afraid of them? Shouldn't they be more used to them than other people? I do dislike the spiders myself.

 
At 10:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To people who have a second language up their sleeve but are too scared to use it,

If you can't differentiate between my sarcastic and often hurtful diatribe and that of my significantly rude other, you need to get back in touch with your family. Leave the Berlitz crowd in Kawasaki.

dentore the almighty

ps See, I "sign" my messages!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home