Wednesday, August 09, 2006

It's a mug's game

I'm constantly amused by cheap-ass Chinese products that copy name brands and then change the name just a little. I rather liked the Muglight because I can just picture a seedy looking character utilizing one of these as he beaks into your house to steal your video.
Other more imaginative titles I've seen were the two copies of the 'Abtronic' which was itself a copy I think. If you don't remember they were the devices that gave your stomach an electric shock to make it convulse and hence exercise for you. Jamie had one of these. I believe it was his secret weapon for washboard abs. Anyway the copies I saw were the 'Body Blonic' and the 'Gymnic Express'. I think Jamie had the Blonic.
If you can remember any rude product names please let us know.

1 Comments:

At 9:23 am, Blogger Shirk said...

I can't think of any but,recently a mate was in China at a print exhibition and there was a print machine company there that was the agent for a well known Japanese maker,so they had the Jap machines on display as well as the Chinese knock offs displayed right next to them and the Jap executives were right there.Now thats having some balls.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home