Sunday, August 05, 2007

Hanabi season



Typical stinkin', @#$'in hot day here in Bombay..er Tokyo. Went to the Fireworks last night. Cool but really crowded as you'd expect. We arrived at 6:30, just enough time to find a spot to stand. Couldn't get all the way to the river though. We discovered in hind sight that the best spot was actually in front of a convenience store in a nondescript back street that was actually almost under the epicenter and offered a wide sky view with space to sit down. Will remember for next year. I can't believe the tenacity of the locals. Many families got there before 4 pm to get a spot. It was a 36 degree day with unbelievable humidity and they didn't think twice about bringing their small kids to wait for 3 hours for the show. In any event the show was good and we left a little early to avoid the mad rush to the train station. The timing was perfect to get the finale while on the platform, just before the doors closed on the train. My fireworks fix for the decade satiated.
Inson still has bad morning sickness. She calls throwing up 'gebo' and I'm not sure if it's Japanese or just a made up Inson word. When I told her mum on the phone,'Inson is doing Gebo' Inson laughed and her mum didn't seem to understand.
I have some rudeness which I will post in later installments, just wanted to get this thing active again in the hope some of you will actually read it. No peeps coming from Melb. other than mum these days. Partly my fault I know, I feel like all I do is work and sleep and neglect my computer habit which happens to also be my portal to the western world. When one goes down the other is lost too. If you want to see more pictures, I will be posting some more on my flickr site
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gree/
Now I can officially give shite to Keb again for his blogglessness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home